Saturday, April 30, 2016

Testing Out Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo & Conditioner on Natural 4C Hair


Wash day has a double meaning in my household. It either means that I am washing laundry for majority of the day or I am washing my hair for majority of the day. When it is wash day for my hair, I try to get up as early as possible so I can be completely done by late afternoon.  Since I have thick coarse hair, it is a multi-step process to get my hair thoroughly clean (when I am washing it myself). The quality of shampoo and conditioner I use will greatly impact the look, feel, and overall texture of my hair, I gave Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner a chance and I was pleasantly surprised with the overall results.





I was selected to test out a few selections from the new Garnier Whole Blends collection. I received sample packets of Garnier Whole Blends Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner with Coconut Oil & Coco Butter extract, Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo & Conditioner, and Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner Honey Treasures.  Each Whole Blends caters to the needs of your hair at any given time. I chose to test out Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner first, because my hair really needed to be re-hydrated.


Coconut water has so many great benefits which can help improve the overall quality of your hair. The hydrating properties are amazing and will leave your hair looking and feeling well moisturized. Also, coconut water has great anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which can help eliminate itchiness and scalp condition. Vanilla Milk Extract adds a beautiful natural shine to your hair. Even-though this shampoo and conditioner has ingredients that some people frown upon such as Benzyl Alcohol (preservative) and Sodium laureth sulfate (foaming agent), it did not negatively effect my hair during or after washing it (which was shockingly surprising). 




Before I can even start the washing process of my hair, I must first separate my hair into four sections (there are two Afro puffs in the back) so it will be easier for me to manage. Next I will use water from a spray bottle and my fingers to detangle each section. I use my fingers to detangle my hair because it puts less stress and cause less breakage than using a come. Also, from the sheer thickness of my hair, my hair is known to break the teeth of combs.  Once each section is thoroughly detangled I can start actually washing my hair.


I was so grateful that I received multiple packet sets of each shampoo and conditioner because I needed to use four out of the five sample packets of  Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner to wash my hair. The shampoo was the perfect consistency, thickness, and had the correct amount of slippage. I used one pack of shampoo for each section of my hair. The shampoo fully coated, hydrated, and cleansed my hair. The scent is very inviting, tropical, and smooth. My hair did not feel or look stripped of dry after washing the shampoo out.





The conditioner is thick, yet light. I let the conditioner stay in my hair for ten to fifteen minutes so it could absorb all of the moisturizing properties.  My hair stayed soft and fluffy while the conditioner was in my hair. This is a major plus because some conditioners I have used in the past have dried out my hair when I let it marinate for the same amount of time.  I would recommend using this conditioner as a Co-wash too.



After many hours my hair was finally clean! Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner really helped hydrate, moisturize, and soften my hair. Even through the tedious process of styling my hair, may hair remained soft and moisturized. I would highly recommend giving Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner a try. My hair was thoroughly cleaned, hydrated, and gained a natural shine. 



I received samples of Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and conditioner FREE for the purpose of this review, but my opinions are 100% my own.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Since I'm also natural, I tend to use more natural hair care products than these ones that has quite a bit of chemicals in it. This would be perfect if I still had my hair relaxed. However I have a friend who just loves Garnier products so I'll share this with her. Glad to know that the conditioner can be used for co-washing.

Masshole Mommy said...

Your hair looks awesome. I always hear great things about this brand.

Rebecca said...

I got to try these recently an they were fabulous. I love the whole bean idea. Plus your hair is looking amazing.

Ashley @Irishred02 said...

Your hair looks beautiful! Good to hear this shampoo works!

Milena said...

I haven't seen this product before. Coconut water sounds great in a shampoo. Your hair looks good!

katie crenshaw said...

My daughter loves the Garnier Hair Products. I have never seen the Garnier Whole Blends with Hydrating Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and Conditioner. It sounds lovely. Coconut smells so nice and it is so good for your hair. It makes perfect sense that this would be a great product. We will have to try it out! Thanks for the review!

Helene Bludman said...

I love getting recommendations for good hair products. I will definitely give this one a try.

Tamara Camera said...

You look awesome! I haven't perfected bathroom selfies well AT ALL.
That said, I use the Whole Blends for color-treated hair and I LOVE it!! I have the hair mask you have too.

Laura - Eye Candy Creative Studio said...

I love the fact that these have coconut water in them as the smell alone would be enough for me

Onica said...

I have really thick and dry hair. This seems like a good product to try for my hair.

Keikilani said...

Your hair looks fabulous! I want to try these Whole Blends!

Patrick Reikofski said...

I bet your hair smells delicious! This puts my cheap Walmart brand shampoo to shame...

Liz Mays said...

Wow, it really worked amazingly well. I'm impressed, and your hair looks great!

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

I love Garnier products. And I bet this smells awesome too! I will be trying it for myself soon!

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

Your hair is beautiful! I bet this smells amazing too!

Ckrusch said...

Your hair looks beautiful! Great knowing that this shampoo works for you!

Pellerini said...

Coconut oil is so wonderful for a variety of things, and I see it was wonderful for your hair as well!